Total de Visualizações da Página

sexta-feira, 27 de maio de 2016

HOW TO KNOW GOD

"Nicodemus asked: 'How can this be?'" (John 3: 9)
Nicodemus was a religious man, a Pharisee. The Pharisees were a very strict sect of people who believed strongly that what they thought was right. By the standards of the world, Nicodemus was a holy man. If he was on his way, you say: "This is a man of God This is a man who is really in touch with God.."
But the problem was that Nicodemus was not in touch with God. He had religion, but no relationship with God. He was unhappy. It was empty. He was looking for.
Then he came at night to talk to Jesus. He did not want the whole world know what he was looking for. This is embarrassing for a spiritual leader of men, someone who supposedly knows God.
We have to give some credit to Nicodemus. At least he was. At least he was looking for. At least he was asking. He dropped his defenses, he abandoned his facade, and he found his heart. He was basically saying to Jesus: "I know there is a chance to know God, but I do not know how What I need to do.?" He was being totally honest.
I know how to be in your skin. I know how many years tried to change. I know how hard it was trying to get joy, peace and hope for myself. So finally, I came to God and said, "God, I do not even know if you're there, and I doubt you go to work for me, but if you can do something, so here I am."
God found me in this state, with the little faith I had. And radically and dramatically, he changed my life, starting with my heart. And he can do the same for you. You believe? No matter who you are or what position occupies in society, God tells you today: come like this.
"... What comes to me I will in no wise cast out." John 6:37 b
 Daily Devotional

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Agradecemos pelo seu comentário. Deus te Abençoe.